Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Fifth Assignment

"I've got the game in the palm of my hand, and I'm playing it better then you think," I was told by my friend ali. Guys seem to think they can "talk" to a few girls at once and get away with it.
One reason why teenage boys (and men that range in their early 20's) make me sick. This line inspires me to keep waiting for the right one to come along. There are so many of them that are cocky and convinced they can get any girl they want, and I hate that. It has become obvious the first time I hang out with a guy that I can tell right away if he will be worth my time or not. This could be the reason why I havn't had a boyfriend in a long time, but i figure, if I'm not getting attached, then I won't get hurt. Through out middle school and high school years, everyone knows that every girl dreams of finding their prince charming and falling in love forever, which is over rated big time. Maybe it will eventually happen, and maybe it won't. What I do know is that I'm not going to base my life around coming across that guy during this chapter of it, and for any other that thinks he can play me, or sweet talk his way in, best think twice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Lauren. And you're right: Prince Charming is waaaay over rated. ::grin::