Sunday, December 2, 2007

Random quote I happened to come across..

"We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy." -Walter Anderson.
I'm not going to say I know exactly what he is implying by this quote, but I know if I had to draw my own meaning from it, I would apply it to myself in this manner: I would say from my own experiences, that the times I've whole-heartedly put myself out there and gave all my trust to someone, that over the course of time, trust that has been built up between two people can be taken advantage of and taken for granted while slowly being torn a part in minutes; taking a lifetime to repair ( or so it seems that way). I totally agree with the second part as well. I've come to realize that those I can't trust, our relationship seems to be at a hault, making it ultimately impossible to learn to love or be happy with them. So I guess what I want to get out of this, is the possibility to ever go back to a level of trust you had with someone from the start.


No comments: